Disaster Recovery Chicago - Data Back Up FREE Evaluation - Call Us Today (630) 396-3010
Small to Medium Size Businesses Need More Than Just Backup.
System crash, hard drive corruption, computer virus, theft, natural disaster, compliance and power outages- what do all of these things have in common? They can spell serious trouble for your business if you can’t recover quickly! If left unprotected, it can take months and cost thousands of dollars to manually recreate the data – and that’s if you’re lucky enough to be able to recreate it.
Disaster Recovery Chicago
For your Complete Data Protection, BIT is now offering a new platform that uses a “hybrid cloud storage” approach to backup and disaster recovery. We provide a local backup appliance for speed and the Appliance replicates its data off-site for safety. With our virtual-failover option, start up a failed server on our device to get back up and running quickly.
So ask yourself, how quickly do you think your business could be up and running if you lost a year or more worth of data? How quickly could you recover if disaster struck unexpectedly? If you are using BIT’s disaster recovery platform protecting your systems, you’d be back in business in hours, not days!
There are now upfront costs to purchase the onsite appliances. Instead this platform uses a pay-as-you go monthly cost, with no hidden fees, such as the cost of multiple licenses. Below are the four areas that make up this platform. Click on any of them to learn more about how this platform works to keep you up and running 24 hours a day.
Our Fast Restore component provides the core local data protection services, resident on the Backup Appliance we will install at your location. Fast Restore covers all your files, entire machines, and even applications from the desktop to the server room.
- Backup and restore for Windows®, Linux and Mac OSX machines concurrently
- Continuous protection of desktops, laptops, and servers
- End user or administrator driven data recovery
- Fast, local network-speed recovery times
- Customizable scheduling
- Customizable point-in-time restore interval enables recovery point objectives (RPO)
- Open file backup
- Advanced Active Directory support
- Policy based global backup allows a backup policy to apply to selected types or locations of files across all the devices in the network
- Bulk database backup of Microsoft Exchange and SQL Server
- Advanced Microsoft SQL Server backup support
- Backup and fast restore of individual emails, contacts, calendars, tasks etc. in Microsoft Exchange Server commonly referred to as “brick-level restore”
When server hardware fails, it can take days to get a replacement. Even with a spare server on hand, it will still take an entire day to get running again factoring in operating systems, applications, configurations, settings, drivers and permissions…then you restore the files. This downtime equates to lost time for your employees and customers.
With ServerAlive Bare-Metal Restore (BMR) we store copies (images) of the entire contents of designated hard disks periodically, allowing you to restore those entire images to another server in a single action. The entire operating system, bootable from a live CD, contains all the required application code to create and restore everything. Even in non-disaster scenarios, you can use BMR to migrate to new server hardware proactively.
Because it still takes time to get a replacement server, we use ServerAlive Recovery. With the click of a mouse you can boot a “virtual version” of your downed server, right on the Backup Appliance that is housed out your location and continue business as usual until a replacement is found; then failover right back to the replacement hardware.
It is very important that you have an offsite, up-to-date copy of your data in the event of local disasters, large and small. The majority of server outages aren’t actually due to dramatic events, but rather to simple human error or hardware failure. Due to the high rate of businesses failing after extended outages, many insurance carriers require a copy of files to be kept offsite.
Sadly, too few small and medium size businesses actually keep frequent copies of data remotely due to the time, cost and pure hassle.
The Cloud service leverages the Internet to intelligently replicate your local Backup Appliance to our SAS 70 II data centers for safekeeping. All data in transit and at rest is protected with state-of-the-art encryption.
- “Set and forget” on an automated schedule to send data and appliance settings offsite
- No more “backup babysitting”, shipping and storing tapes
- Protects you from fire, theft, sabotage and natural disasters
- Data is encrypted as it is transmitted from the appliance to the data center and at rest in the data center
- The data centers are SAS 70 Type II certified
- In the event of a site failure, a new, fully replicated appliance can be delivered upon request
- Configurable backup policies let you set your recovery point objectives (RPO)
All Your Data, All the Time.
What if your backup, business continuity, and disaster recovery solution was so complete that downtime was no longer an option? Wouldn’t you sleep better at night, knowing you’ll be able to keep working on your data and applications, even if your servers and onsite backup were destroyed in a fire, flood, hurricane, or other disaster?
Cloud Continuity offers fast and easy-to-use offsite virtualization so you can have the complete confidence that comes from knowing you’ll never suffer a day of downtime, no matter what!
The service allows you to quickly create a virtual office in the cloud and immediately run all your servers on the Backup and Recovery platform. This means you’ll be back at work on your systems – from home, a temporary office location, or even Starbucks – without having to set up a new network, firewall, or other infrastructure.
Such total business uptime was previously only available to enterprise companies, but all-the-time uptime is now a reality for small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs) through its complete backup, business continuity, and disaster recovery solution,
The Cloud Continuity service includes:
- Failover to a virtual office in the cloud for continuation of business as usual
- Data and machine image protection with automatic disaster recovery backup to a SSAE 16 certified data center
- Monthly failover test capabilities without impact to the production environment
- Complete restoration back to the replacement server at your convenience